The CFTC’s Division of Clearing and Intermediary Oversight has issued its annual guidance letter to registered CPOs. The letter is intended to assist CPOs and their public accountants in complying with the Commission’s regulations on the preparation and filing of commodity pool annual financial reports.
The highlights contained in this year’s letter include:
• Recent amendments to Commission regulations pertaining to various reporting issues;
• Annual report filing procedures and due dates;
• Special considerations that apply to filings made for Master/Feeder and Fund of Funds structures;
• Use of International Financial Reporting Standards in lieu of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles;
• Reporting requirements for pools in liquidation;
• Reporting requirements for series funds with limitation of liability among the different series; and
• Various accounting developments that may impact report preparation.